Donate

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Update in bullet points

It's time for an update since it's been awhile...Here is a brief overview of my life since the last post!

  • I saw a man on a motorcycle the other day that had a 6ft by 6ft box advertising Kotex pads. It was pink and had examples of the product stuck to the side. I laughed out loud as I walked down the street.
  • I also saw a bike/food stand that was called Burrito Loco that had a theme song to Achy Breaky Heart. I sang along in English.
  • School has started out nicely. Only two kids in the office so far for discipline issues.
  • I have hired a house cleaner to come once a week. 5 dollars each time she comes. One of the best decisions I have made.
  • Went to Minerva (the awesome 'thrift store') and bought 15 things for under 5 dollars. I was pumped.
  • I have spent the last three weekends at 'the coast' (not actually the beach, just down the mountain). It's been wonderful.
  • We have a four day weekend this weekend. I'm going to Lago de Atitlan. It should be very relaxing and enjoyable.
  • I've been cooking a lot. But I have a problem with cooking too much. I usually have 6-8 large servings left over...I need more people to cook for.
  • I have been going to Guatemalan yoga. I must say, Yoga in Spanish is a totally different challenge. It has been entertaining (a post solely for this should be coming later)
  • I will be in Oklahoma in October for a wedding. Let me know if you are going to be in the Enid/OKC area Oct. 21-25!
  • The US Embassy was in town yesterday for a Town Hall meeting. I was great to meet other Americans in Xela and also meet those from the Embassy. They also treated us to a fantastic meal so thank you to all the tax payers out there for my incredible lunch yesterday! I was nice to have a little piece of home here in Guate!
I'm sure I have many other things that I have left out but I will try to keep a list of these things so the next time I write, I can include them!

Viva la Vida!

Liz

1 comment:

Randi said...

Does that mean they sell tampons in Xela now? Incredible!!