Donate

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Earthquake Help

Hello all.

This blog will be a bit different than most because I am asking for your help. As you may know, Guatemala was struck with a 7.4 earthquake yesterday morning. Because Guatemala is such a small, third world country, it often does not get the exposure that others do. This quake has brought many homes down and turned pueblos into rubble.



(Pictures taken from CONRED and Nuestro Diario Facebook pages)

I was at school when the quake hit (I was actually using the restroom but that is a totally different story!) The school is in order and all buildings are structurally sound. Our teachers did a wonderful job with keeping calm and leading the students in the correct manner. I couldn't have asked for a better situation while being responsible for 180 children! Luckily, when I returned home, I have found all of my belongings safe and sound. However, just 40 miles away, San Marcos had major damage (see images above). I have done a bit of research and I have found that there are a few places that are collecting items to be donated to people in need. 


I am planning on going and buying some of these things to donate this weekend. That's where you come in. If you would like to help out as well, please send me an email (liz.cromwell@gmail.com) and let me know how much you would like to donate and I will go buy that amount of goods. To make this easy, once you email me, I will send you an address in the states and I will be able to deposit the money into my account that way. I know this isn't the best way to go about it but I figured I would see if any of you would be interested in helping the people of Guatemala out as well. Please keep in mind that even $5.00 would be a huge help. Money goes much further here than in the states!

More than anything, please keep Guatemala and it's people in your prayers! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Liz

No comments: