Donate

Friday, March 28, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

Front (L to R); Adriana, Ashley, Pily, Andrea
Middle Row:Julian, Marcela, Katia.
Back Row: Esteban, Alejandro, Danka, Me!
Decisions: A simple choice between two options. As I sit and watch my class play, I notice that with every action they take, they are making decisions. So, why is it so hard to make a decision? A four year old makes plenty of them everyday, so why can’t a 25 year old make a decision with the same sort of confidence that a pre-k kid does? I have come to the conclusion that too much pressure is put on people to make the ‘right’ decision. I think it is more about making a decision about your attitude and going confidently in that direction. Decisions can make a difference in your experiences but I don’t think that if you are pursuing God’s will (Love God, love others) for your life, that the course of your life will be drastically different depending on what you choose.

So with that, I’m sitting at a cross roads. Do I stay here or go travel. I thought my mind was made up, but after a few conversations (ones that didn’t know they were influencing me) I question what I should do. And if I take my own advice, it doesn’t really matter…

Okay, enough about that…I will let you all know what I decide by next week! Stay tuned!

Now on to Semana Santa (spring break!):

My father and step-mom joined me and my friends on the Caribbean Island of Roatan Honduras. We spent the week on the beach. It was wonderful getting to see them and spend time with them. While I was in my scuba class, they explored the island, taking pictures the whole time (I hope to get some of their pictures soon and when I do, I will try to post some of them!) After the week was finished, we headed back to Xela. After a very long trip back, we were able to spend a few days here. They got to meet my class and see that where I live is secure (every parents dream!) They headed home yesterday and according to an email I received this morning, they made it back to the good ‘ol US of A! I’m sure they are exhausted but hopefully it was worth it for them!

That is a very brief overview of the week and a half that they spent here. I will be writing about a few humours situations that happened over the week in more detail later when I have a little more time…a few things to be looking forward to…
1. A surprise stay in Guatemala City
2. I want to hold your hand…underwater
3. The long journey home…

Until next time!

Liz

Playlist:
I Think We’re Alone Now by Tiffany (courtesy of Shenold)
Camp Song by the original people who sang it!
Grease Lightning by The Original Cast
Highways and Broken Hearts by Eli Young Band
Low by Flo Rida
The Light of A Burning Bridge by George Strait
Did I Shave My Legs For This? By Deana Carter

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your blog so much. I just wanted to leave you a comment and let you know that! I miss you and can't wait to see you this summer.