Donate

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Oh, The Place I could go!

The internet is down for the second morning in a row, thus, the second day in a row for a posting! I figured I would hash out my options for next year with all of you!

Option A:
Stay in Guatemala. Teach fifth grade. Maybe live by myself so I can have an extra room for visitors (that means that you, yes you, have to come visit me and stay in my extra room). Continue the adventure and see all the places that I won’t get to see this year (ie, Tikal, Antigua, ect.). Play basketball for the Xela women’s team. Eat fresh veggies. Be daring. Be alive. Be happy.

Option B:
Move to DC. Get a sweet job with a non-profit or on the Hill. Live with my sister and Charlie (at the beginning). Explore DC. Learn lots about the US and the history of the US. Ride my bikes. Eat food from the states that I miss (ie. Mexican food, Sonic, Bueno, Thai food). Meet lots of young people from around the country all in one place! Be daring. Be alive. Be happy.

Option C:
Explore the world. Be a nomad. Sleep where my head finds a place. Visit Europe and Asia. Climb mountains. Ride on trains. Meet other travelers. Spend part of my savings. Eat strange and wild food. Be daring. Be alive. Be happy.


I’m sure there are other options out there and I would love to hear any suggestions that you may have! And I also know it’s a little strange to say that I miss American food and then I went and listed a bunch of international food…we just have a really good selection in the states!

Okay, hopefully the internet will come on soon so I can actually post this!

I miss you guys. I miss home. I miss Oklahoma and I even miss texas (a little). But with that, know that I am happy here and I am slowly making it more home like! Come visit me if you get an itch to travel!

Blessings,

Liz

Playlist:
The Quick Escape by So Long Goodbyes
Just a Dream by Carrie Underwood
Morning Yearning by Ben Harper
Untitled Hymn (Come to Jesus) by Chris Rice
We Love You Jesus by Shane and Shane

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Liz, it sounds like you're on the right track no matter what you decide. I'm pleased with all three options - I'll get to hang out with you in a cool place with all three of these options! I love you and miss you, but am so happy for you that you're experiencing this wonderful adventure!!

shenoldi said...

Another great option would be to live in oklahoma and be my roommate for the second time. this would be DARING. i would make you ALIVE.....and seriously, you know you would be HAPPY!!

I already know the answer is NO, but you asked for more suggestions :)

Anonymous said...

Option C!
Everything else will always be there. If you have the chance, travel the world.

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined-- Henry David Thoreau