Donate

Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Bit of a Blunder

This post won't be long but I promise that it will be entertaining!

Yesterday, I sat at my favorite coffee shop that I frequent daily. I came at my normal time and ordered a mochachino. I sat and procrastinated longer than I normally do while searching for a flight home (more on this later) and I realized that I had been sitting there for a good hour and a half and I should probably order something else. I knew that another coffee drink would be a bad idea so I ventured for a smoothie instead. The girl walked up and we proceeded to have this conversation:
chica- "algo mas?"
me-"si, quiero un smoothie"
chica-"que tipo?"
me-"um, gustaria Mora"
chica-"ah, lo siento, no queremos a hora. Hay Fresa, pina, mango, banano"
me-"Yo quiero pene."
chica-"Pene? (followed by a lot of laughter)o pina?"
me (me, realizing my mistake that I just ordered a penis smoothie instead of a pinapple smoothie turned red immediatly red)-"si, pina esta bien y mas mejor (yes, pineapple is good and much better)"

Needless to say, I was quite embarrassed but thankful that it wasn't the cute owner who was taking my order! After I spent the next ten minutes laughing to myself and sharing my palabra problema with whoever was online (thanks Emily and Cory for laughing with me!) my friend Randi showed up and I was still red. After telling her the story, we both exploded into laughed one more time!

On another note, I finally booked my flight and I decided to come home Dec. 13. My friend, Cory, is coming down next week and we will be flying home on the same flight next Saturday. I figured that since all my other friends would be in the middle of finals the next week they wouldn't be much fun and I wasn't planning on studying that week anyway! So, get ready, 10 days and I'll be home!

Viva la vida!

Liz

Playlist:
Open Your Eyes by Snow Patrol
Another Sliver of Eternity by So Long Goodbyes
Cowboy Bill by Garth Brooks
Leave the Pieces by The Wreckers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay just cracked up looking at your "offensive site"! I never heard...what happened with the submission for audition??? Enjoy Fuentes, I am jealous!