Donate

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Oh, the weather outside is frightful!

So I'm closing in on my last few days in Guatemala and all the news I have received from home is that it's COLD! I found myself singing 'Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful' the other day as I walked down the street in shorts and a T-shirt and I thought to myself, wait a second, I can't sing this here. The weather is beautiful! So, all I can say is that I'm ready for some time by a fire with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate or coffee! Um...sounds nice! I hope the snow stays around until I get home!

Cory got in Monday night and we have had a great time thus far! We went to the hot springs yesterday which is always a fun trip considering you have to take a chicken bus and a private truck to get there. The ride is beautiful and through the cloud forest. Below are pictures from the day (thanks Cory for letting me use your pics)! Enjoy!

Also, we are attending a soccer game tonight. It's the finals so it should be fun! I'm not sure what the plan is for the rest of the week but I know it will be full of adventure! What a way to end my trip!

Hope you all are doing well!

Viva la Vida!

Liz
Me in the back of the truck on our way to Fuentes Georginas
Cory and I with Santa Maria (the volcano) in the background
In the Hot Springs.

The Cloud Forest
Working the fields.
An incredible meal of ceviche!

Playlist:
The whole Snow Patrol CD (Eyes Open)

No comments: