Donate

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Angel Fire

Well, it's been awhile since I have checked in so I thought I would. I am currently in Angel Fire, NM with my good friend Carrie (she came down to Guatemala for two weeks while I was there this fall.) We had a great day on the slopes today and no big injuries or falls to report. We drove in yesterday from Enid and we will ski tomorrow and drive back to Enid tomorrow night. It is a quick trip but it has already been totally worth it. I will put some pictures up when I get home!

On another note:

I like manicures and pedicures. I'm not girly but this is just something that I like. I went in to the nail salon on Thursday to get a manicure and about 5 minutes into it, the lady looks up at me, squints her eyes, and stares right in the middle of my forehead. Oh gosh, I think, I have something huge and gross and she is absolutely disgusted by me. And then she speaks, "You want eyebrows too? You do eyebrows yourself?" At this point, I realize that I need to take care of my eyebrows but she has made me mad. I kindly say No and during the rest of the manicure, she continues to look up at the space right above my eyes. I realize that I don't pluck as much as I should but when it comes down to it, they are light and I just don't like spending that kind of time.

Anyway, nothing like a nail technitian to make you feel great about yourself!

And the sad thing is, this isn't the first time this has happened! Ha!

Livin' the Life!

Liz

Playlist:
You Make Me Want To by Luke Bryan
Friends in Low Places by Garth Brooks

1 comment:

averi said...

That very thing has happened to me; the first time I was a little offended, and asked if they were really that bad, but after the second time a nail tech asked if "I wanted eye brows too" I figured they were trained to ask that to make more money :) haha. You are not alone Liz!