Donate

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Enid's 'Multi-Purpose' Stores

Multi-purpose stores are quite functional and usually pretty 'normal'. You have Wal-Mart. The mecca of all these. You can buy groceries, tires, 'No Hunting' signs, and jewelery all at the same place. Well, in my time in Enid over the last year, I have discovered a few other multi-purpose store. I stumbled upon both of these places which makes them so much greater and charming in my eyes!

The first is your normal oil change/lube center. I needed an oil change so I headed out to W. Willow where I drove up, handed the guy my keys, and walked into the waiting area. I opened the door, and was hit with purses, trinkets, and keychains. It was like I just walked into Market in Dallas. Everything that you could imagine that a 'country' girl could want or need, belts with huge buckles, over-sized bags that you could fit a small child in, and even a few pleather jackets! It definately made my oil changing wait go by faster and I left with a smile on my face!

The next store of these sorts was one I found today. I have been putting off getting gas because it is SO very cold here. I was on my way out of the neighborhood and decided to buck up and just do it. I headed to the closest gas station (the corner of VB and Illinios) and pulled up to fill up. I hopped out of my car with my card in hand to make this as efficient as possible. I was a little dumbfounded when the pump read, "Pay Inside Only." Okay, I thought, I can remember how to do this. I started the pump and waited for my 11.9 gallons of gas to be transfer into the Honda and went inside to pay for my purchase. I meandered over to the drinks and pulled a water out of the cooler. When I handed my card to the cashier to pay, something caught my eye. Something fury and hairy caught my eye. I looked over and saw 10-12 wigs on display. Never in my life have I been in a wig store and to be frank with you, they kind of weird me out. This may just keep me from going back to this gas station.

So, if you are ever in Enid and need an oil change and a gift to buy, head out to the Lube Center on Willow. And if (for some reason) you ever need a wig, head on over to the gas station. They will have one that will look perfect with your complexion!

Livin' the Life!

Liz

Playlist:
The Crane Wife 3 by The Decemberist
Back to Black by Amy Winehouse
Beautiful by So Long Goodbyes
I'm Sorry by Buckcherry
(Nice Dreams) by Radiohead
I've Got Friends In Low Places by Garth Brooks
Count Your Blessings by Pat Green

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Got to say I knew about the Lube Center...I've actually found a few cute dresses there. Tried them on, but didn't bring them home. As for the wig/gas shop...what the hey?!?!? I'm going to HAVE to fill 'er up there JUST to peruse the prosthetic locks!! Hee hee hee! I'll take my camera...;)

Cuz Cathy
<><