Donate

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Pura Vida, Costa Rica!



Well, I returned from Costa Rica this weekend and I had a wonderful time! I don't think I will ever be able to put into words all the things that I did (or actually, didn't do...I don't know what I did with my time!) I was able to finish my Open Water SCUBA certification. I am now certified for life! A few of my highlights include:

  • Being able to fly to Quepos for $44 and getting settled by noon on Wednesday!
  • European man at the pool in speedo...every hostel needs one!
  • My fellow hostel mates dodging falling citrus fruit, I think they were limes...it was entertaining.
  • Watching two guys in the pool playing a game that looked like throw-the-coconut-as-close-to-the-other-person-without-hitting-them-but-splashing them.
  • Seeing a shark, octopus, and eels while I was diving.
  • Having some really sweet time with The Lord.
  • The dinners I had in Guatemala City with other travelers that were passing through. Everyone is so interesting.
  • My 6am bus from Quepos to San Jose driving RIGHT by the airport, thus, I didn't have to catch a $20 taxi from the terminal to the airport! It's the little things that in life that make me so very happy!
  • Eating what I wanted, when I wanted, for how long I wanted.
  • Two INCREDIBLE sunsets viewed from Barba Roja (red beard) and El Avion
  • El Avion-this incredible place that is made out of an old airplane. I will try to remember to include a picture later.
  • Speaking Spanish.
  • And many, many other things that only I can recall in my mind. There are no words to describe some of these moments!

Viva La Vida!

Liz

Playlist: (a special one I made for the Costa Rica trip...not random this time!)
Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) by Chris Tomlin
Rock & Roll by Eric Huchinson
Gray or Blue by JayMay
Annie's Lover by Taj Mahal
I'd Lie by Taylor Swift
Leave the Pieces by The Wreckers
Such Great Heights by Postal Service
Take Another Piece of My Heart by Janis Joplin
American Boy by Estelle
A Long Way to Get by Bob Scheinder
Time To Pretend by MGMT

No comments: