Donate

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Yes!

I watched a movie tonight (yes, we watch movies in Guatemala) with two of my good friends. After discussion of what to watch, we finally settled on the recent Jim Carey hit, Yes Man.
I hadn’t heard much about this but after watching it, I highly recommend it. The basic story line is about saying ‘Yes’ to life. With this, he encounters some very interesting situations but he is forced to get out of his box and live spontaneously.

This made me think about my life and how easy it is to slip into a comfort zone, whether I am here in Guatemala or in the states. I am happy to say that I haven’t reached that point yet (goodness, I have only been back for less than a week!) but I know there will be a time when I do. It happens to everyone regardless of where you are. So, in retrospect, it was a great reminder to get out and live life because you never know what situation is going to lead you to your new best friend or an incredible memory that you will be talking about when you are eighty!

So, next time you are faced with a decision to make, make it a YES! Ha!

Viva la Vida,

liz

No comments: