Donate

Thursday, October 2, 2008

It's official!


Well, it's official! I have finally bought my ticket to return to Central America! My time in Enid has been wonderful and filled with many friends, great family, and extraordinary memories from the last four months but the time has come for me to return to Latin America! I will be heading out October 23 to spend some time with my sister in DC before I leave from there the 29th! At this point, I have only bought a one way ticket (this doesn't mean that I'm never coming back), so I'm not sure when I will return. I have a few different options so we will see how they play out. When I get down there, I am planning on going and visiting friends in Xela (this is where I spent the spring of 2008) and then attending Spanish school somewhere in Guatemala! I have a friend that will be joining me to travel for a few weeks in Guatemala so we will be together for Thanksgiving with the other teachers from IAS and then I am planning on heading to Costa Rica or South America. My plans are up in the air but that's the only way to do it down there because plans are going to change anyway. So, that's what's going on with me.

The time that I have been back in the states has been wonderful. I was able to visit my mom in Louisiana with some great friends. I was also able to see my Texas 'family' a couple times. I spent two weeks in DC with Emily and Charlie, and a week in Wyoming and Colorado. I have had time to process and to evaluate what I want to do and what I have been doing since I graduated in December of 2005. I didn't realize how I hadn't taken the time to slow down and look at my life. It has been so refreshing! I have even had time to get bored! In this bordem, I have started looking at what will be after my travels and as I discussed this issue with a friend, the advice that I received was figure it out when I'm in Guatemala! Ha! I don't know if I can do that or not but what I do know is that I will be moving to DC when I return and then to Wyoming after that! (More details on those moves later)

I hope that all of you are doing well! Please keep me updated with your lives and be looking for more updates more regularly now that I will be back on the road!

Liz

No comments: