Donate

Monday, November 17, 2008

Fin de Samana, amigos, y clase de ingles!

This weekend has been the most relaxing that I have had since I have been here. It was wonderful! Friday was my last day of Spanish class for a couple weeks and I really enjoyed my teacher this week. We became friends and she is hilarious! Friday night I hung out with friends and ate with them. Saturday, we got up and headed to the Schnyders. They are pregnant and Danielle has started 'nesting'. Tony, her husband, had the project of painting the bathroom and we all decided that it is much more fun to paint with friends so we all chipped in (pictures below!) Carrie, an old friend from camp, arrived that night. We (a bunch of my friends and I) spent the day on Saturday watching The Office. We are in the middle of a marathon and watched 20 episodes. It was A LOT of TV but it was a great day! I can't describe how blessed I feel to have this group of friends down here. It is very unique. Carrie and I are staying with McNabb and Jason this week since there other roommate is out of town. Sunday, we woke up and just talked for awhile before heading out on a walk with the dog, lunch at Wendy's, and an afternoon filled with football. We had a cookout last night at the girls house with lots of great food. Today, I started teaching! Yes, that's right, somehow I got lucky enough to get a paying job teaching English at my Spanish school. I am only teaching three days this week but it's fun! The guy I'm teaching is probably 45 or 50. He is getting his Masters' right and he is an Environment Engineer. Carrie and I are plannin on a few day trips this week before heading out in the country side next week! We are planning on going to Semac Champey and Rio Dulce so both places should be very interesting! I'm excited to see an area of Guatemala that I have yet to see!

That's about it with me this weekend! Not too much excitement but I have had a very nice weekend and I can't believe that I have almost been here for three weeks! The time flies here! I hope that everyone state-side is having a wonderful November and if I don't update before everyone takes off for Thanksgiving, travel safely and enjoy the time with family! I know I will be missing mine next week! Love to you all!

Viva La Vida!

Liz

(Pictures below!)

Salsa Dancing (for those of you wondering what it's like)



Tony and I painting the bathroom Thunder Blue!

Danielle was attempting to get as much fresh air as possible! This is where they live!
Painting...
McNabb, Tony, and I before the painting begun, notice how all of our shirts are still white!




Playlist:
Bailamos by Enrique Iglesias
La Bumba by Los Lobos
Square One by Coldplay
Mexico by James Taylor
It wasn't Me by Jenny Lewis with The Watson Twins
Renaissance by Matt Kearney
Wink by Neal McCoy
Sweet Southern Comfort by Buddy Jewel
Unto You by Shane and Shane
Hello Darlin' by Conway Twitty
Have You Got It In You by Imogen Heap
Dogs by Damien Rice

No comments: