Donate

Friday, January 18, 2008

So, today is Friday and I am about to finish my first full week. Before I came down here, I thought it would take me some time to get adjusted but 10 days into everything, this whole thing is starting to feel more like normal. Whatever ‘normal’ is. It amazes me at what it is considered ‘normal’. Everyone has their own definition of what constitutes normal.

I have adjusted quite well to life in Xela. I have 5 great friends down here so it was like walking into a family. Without them, I know that this whole process would have been more difficult. I have also become an American TV show series junkie. I have described it to a few a my ‘comfort food.’ Speaking of comfort food, I ate McDonalds the other night. I never thought I would think of this fast food chain as something that was ‘home-like’ but it is amazing how identical everything was. The burger even had pickles! (This is the first time that I have eaten to seen pickles since I have been here)

Well, I don’t know when I will get to put this up. Our internet is down. Some say it is because it is really foggy this morning, others claim it is just Guatemala. Either way, it seems to be ‘normal’ around here!

No comments: